SecretUI

SecretUI (https://www.secretui.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.secretui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Chat channel colors. (https://www.secretui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11)

Sulu 07-03-2012 12:23 PM

Chat channel colors.

Basically what ive been trying to do is simple: Change the chat channels individual colors to anything but white.

The only place i was able to get any result from was "C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\The Secret World\Data\Gui\Default\TextColors.xml"

I was able to change the underlined part here to change the /say channels color.

Code:

<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_name"    color="standard_bright" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_text"    color="standard_bright" />

"ctch_vicinity_name" Is the nametag so you can have what they say one color while there name is another.

From what i read it should change just like aoc ( i didnt play it but ive read alot about its ui modding)

I think my problem is i need to maybe try defining the color at the top of the document then i can put

Code:

<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_text"    color="peach" />
instead of

Code:

<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_text"    color="0xFFCCCC" />
Ill try that now. Also i would realy appreciate it if anyone reading this goes to this file and see if they can change anything.

kenze 07-05-2012 08:39 AM

if TSW is anything like AoC youll need to copy that TextColors.xml from default, make you changes then copy it into the Customized folder. Also there is a number at the top of the xml that will likely change after every big patch that youll need to update with the number from the same xml in the default folder.

someone made a chat color editer thingy for AoC it may even work for TSW, not sure. but its here http://aoc.curseforge.com/addons/pro...r-editor-v0-2/

Worsh 07-05-2012 02:20 PM

The chat doesn't seem to be controlled by the GUI either, there's no code for it (other than sticking stuff into the input control), and nothing appears in the debug window for it.

We may be stuck with whatever FC give us with the chat I'm afraid.

kenze 07-05-2012 05:58 PM

I played around and figured out how to change the font size but i cant get the text colors to change.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=39075

Sulu 07-07-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenze (Post 23)
if TSW is anything like AoC youll need to copy that TextColors.xml from default, make you changes then copy it into the Customized folder. Also there is a number at the top of the xml that will likely change after every big patch that youll need to update with the number from the same xml in the default folder.

someone made a chat color editer thingy for AoC it may even work for TSW, not sure. but its here http://aoc.curseforge.com/addons/pro...r-editor-v0-2/

I did infact download install and try that. Id have to decompile it and change it to recognize tsw and i doubt it would even change anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worsh (Post 26)
The chat doesn't seem to be controlled by the GUI either, there's no code for it (other than sticking stuff into the input control), and nothing appears in the debug window for it.

We may be stuck with whatever FC give us with the chat I'm afraid.

Thank you for looking. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenze (Post 27)
I played around and figured out how to change the font size but i cant get the text colors to change.

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=39075

Hmm could you perhaps give us the location of the files you were able to modify to change font size? No offense intended but maybe someone knows something we dont.

kenze 07-08-2012 12:25 AM

sure its all in the link i posted which is the TSW forum post i made.

Cairenn 07-08-2012 12:33 AM

Hey Kenze, would you consider putting that post up here as well, please? That way it won't poof when they kill off the old forums. We've got a forum dedicated to AddOn Dev tutorials. :)

kenze 07-08-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 35)
Hey Kenze, would you consider putting that post up here as well, please? That way it won't poof when they kill off the old forums. We've got a forum dedicated to AddOn Dev tutorials. :)

sure thing :)

Cairenn 07-08-2012 01:27 AM

Thanks a ton Kenze! :)

pinstripesc 07-08-2012 03:28 AM

By white I'm guessing we're referring to General/faction channels?

I went through and commented what is what for what I could find -

<!-- Cabal/Officer chat -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_name" color="0x1edd1d" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_text" color="0x1edd1d" />

<!-- Emotes -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_emote_name" color="gray" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_emote_text" color="gray" />

<!-- Say -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_name" color="standard_bright" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_text" color="standard_bright" />

<!-- Shouts -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_shout_name" color="white" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_shout_text" color="white" />

<!-- Group chat -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_team_name" color="0x6ea0ff" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_team_text" color="0x6ea0ff" />

<!-- Tells -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_tell_name" color="gold" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_tell_text" color="0xce6bce" />

Both General and Faction seem to fall under "standard", so if you change that at the top you'll get different colours, but it's also going to change the colour of your settings menu text, buttons, etc, and obviously you can't differentiate General from your Faction channel.

Sulu 07-08-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinstripesc (Post 39)
By white I'm guessing we're referring to General/faction channels?

I went through and commented what is what for what I could find -

<!-- Cabal/Officer chat -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_name" color="0x1edd1d" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_text" color="0x1edd1d" />

<!-- Emotes -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_emote_name" color="gray" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_emote_text" color="gray" />

<!-- Say -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_name" color="standard_bright" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_text" color="standard_bright" />

<!-- Shouts -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_shout_name" color="white" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_shout_text" color="white" />

<!-- Group chat -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_team_name" color="0x6ea0ff" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_team_text" color="0x6ea0ff" />

<!-- Tells -->
<HTMLColor name="ctch_tell_name" color="gold" />
<HTMLColor name="ctch_tell_text" color="0xce6bce" />

Both General and Faction seem to fall under "standard", so if you change that at the top you'll get different colours, but it's also going to change the colour of your settings menu text, buttons, etc, and obviously you can't differentiate General from your Faction channel.

And as far as we know is there anyway to classify tgeneral and faction as chat channels?

pinstripesc 07-08-2012 03:18 PM

I haven't had time to dig that up just yet, but in Age of Conan I was unable to get it to distinguish the text used in chat from other interface bits.

AbrahamMt 01-07-2015 02:19 AM

Chat channel colors

Is there a way to send msg to joined chat channel?
For example, I join to myclog /join myclog, how can I send my text there from addon code?
Its for making a simple combatlog.