kenze
Step by Step for increasing font size

repost from the TSW forums.
  1. Find the Fonts.xml in your ...Data/Gui/Default folder
  2. Copy the Fonts.xml and Paste it to your desktop
  3. Open the fonts.xml, wordpad is fine
  4. look for these lines ..
    Code:
    <Font name="NORMAL" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="NORMAL_ITALIC" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Normal" italic="Yes" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="NORMAL_BOLD" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Bold" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="SMALL" face="PetitaMedium" size="11" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="LARGE" face="PetitaMedium" size="14" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="LARGE_BOLD" face="PetitaMedium" size="14" weight="Bold" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="HUGE" face="PetitaMedium" size="15" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="CHAT" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="None"/>

<Font name="HYBORIANSMALL" face="PetitaMedium" size="16" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="HYBORIANLARGE" face="PetitaMedium" size="18" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>

<Font name="TSWLARGE" face="PetitaMedium" 	  size="16" weight="Medium" italic="No"   antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="TSWSMALL" face="PetitaMedium" 	  size="12" weight="Medium" italic="No"   antialias="Full"/>
  5. edit the size="#" to what ever size you think best for you. I raised most of them to either size="16" or size="18"
  6. save the Fonts.xml
  7. place your edited Fonts.xml in the ...Data/Gui/Customized folder
  8. IMPORTANT- at the top of the Fonts.xml file you just made and placed in the Customized folder you'll see
    $Change: 61157
    probably after major patches youll need to update that number. Look at the original Fonts.xml file in the Data/Gui/Default folder to find the new $Change: #
It took some trial and error to figure this out and I hope it help some of you that like me had trouble reading that small font size.
kenze is offline   Reply With Quote