View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
lapin
Hello community!

Hi there!

I'm a professional designer and nonpro-gamer. Not a hardcore one but I think I'm keeping track of most of the games ever released. And since the TSW was announced I was waiting for the game. And as an ex-wow player (pls don't judge me as an wow-kid but let's be honest it's a great game It just got old and the player age went down bliz makes the same thing with the every expansion) Any way the topic is not wow here. I think TSW is way way way superior then wow. Has a extremely different game mechanic (which I was not even expecting) and includes templars Quests are hard and makes you think (which causes to shoo away most of the unintelligent players) Even it's community is acting mature in a surprising way.

Anyway. I'll try to make it short. I love the whole game. Except one thing. The UI and the branding is way too horrendous. It literally hurts my eyes. It's obvious that the art director didn't had time to give revise on the UI and rushed to the release date.

Ok now here's the deal. My designing skills are in publishing mostly. But I've had enough with publishing and advertising. I quit my job and educating my self with UI and UX Design. (even I'm going to attend master on this particular topic next year)

And what I offer I'll use my design experience and re-design a WHOLE UI. I'll be submiting hard sketches in a few days. And since I'm not a hardcore gamer you guys come in to the play. I'm going to reshape the whole design for the great game play experience plus informative what the heck is going on with your char and enemies. And you guys could even say `that looks like **** re-design it`

This is not a UI that I'm going to design. This is going to be OUR design project. I may even need help with coding in the future also

ps. I'll be posting traditional and digital sketches in a few days.

Last edited by lapin : 07-11-2012 at 04:38 AM.
lapin is offline   Reply With Quote