kenze
Step by Step for increasing font size

repost from the TSW forums.
  1. Find the Fonts.xml in your ...Data/Gui/Default folder
  2. Copy the Fonts.xml and Paste it to your desktop
  3. Open the fonts.xml, wordpad is fine
  4. look for these lines ..
    Code:
    <Font name="NORMAL" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="NORMAL_ITALIC" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Normal" italic="Yes" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="NORMAL_BOLD" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Bold" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="SMALL" face="PetitaMedium" size="11" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="LARGE" face="PetitaMedium" size="14" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="LARGE_BOLD" face="PetitaMedium" size="14" weight="Bold" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="HUGE" face="PetitaMedium" size="15" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="CHAT" face="PetitaMedium" size="12" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="None"/>

<Font name="HYBORIANSMALL" face="PetitaMedium" size="16" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="HYBORIANLARGE" face="PetitaMedium" size="18" weight="Medium" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>

<Font name="TSWLARGE" face="PetitaMedium" 	  size="16" weight="Medium" italic="No"   antialias="Full"/>
    <Font name="TSWSMALL" face="PetitaMedium" 	  size="12" weight="Medium" italic="No"   antialias="Full"/>
  5. edit the size="#" to what ever size you think best for you. I raised most of them to either size="16" or size="18"
  6. save the Fonts.xml
  7. place your edited Fonts.xml in the ...Data/Gui/Customized folder
  8. IMPORTANT- at the top of the Fonts.xml file you just made and placed in the Customized folder you'll see
    $Change: 61157
    probably after major patches youll need to update that number. Look at the original Fonts.xml file in the Data/Gui/Default folder to find the new $Change: #
It took some trial and error to figure this out and I hope it help some of you that like me had trouble reading that small font size.
kenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Sulu

Good job. Once we get a few more of things like this ill throw together a unified guide to made it all easily accessible.
Sulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
xenthal
Been trying to get the damage numbers font to a larger size but whatever i change doesnt seem to affect it, just everything else kept getting larger except for the damage numbers lol, any idea how to just change those?
xenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Sulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthal View Post
Been trying to get the damage numbers font to a larger size but whatever i change doesnt seem to affect it, just everything else kept getting larger except for the damage numbers lol, any idea how to just change those?
Just a thought here but here it goes. Sometimes games dont even use a actual font i.e. something you can highlight. Instead they can use an image and write into the script/code where each letter is in the image. So i think you could just edit the image then mod the code/script. If that is the case with this.
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
xenthal
i assumed it was:

<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="51" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS_ITALICS" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="51" weight="Normal" italic="Yes" antialias="Full"/>
<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS_SHIELDED" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="55" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS_SHIELDED_ITALICS" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="55" weight="Normal" italic="Yes" antialias="Full"/>

part of the file like in AoC (as you see i edited it trying to change it)
but the editions i made had no effect whatsoever.
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Sulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenthal View Post
i assumed it was:

<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="51" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS_ITALICS" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="51" weight="Normal" italic="Yes" antialias="Full"/>
<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS_SHIELDED" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="55" weight="Normal" italic="No" antialias="Full"/>
<Font name="FLYING_NUMBERS_SHIELDED_ITALICS" face="Sony Sketch EF" size="55" weight="Normal" italic="Yes" antialias="Full"/>

part of the file like in AoC (as you see i edited it trying to change it)
but the editions i made had no effect whatsoever.
Well i say we take anything we know from the aoc system with a grain of salt because as we have found out the ui is different is some vital spots.
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
xenthal
True, wouldnt make much sense for them to take it over to the TSW xml file tho if it wasnt used for anything lol

Go BackSecretUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » Step by Step for increasing font size